Spring is such an exciting time of year! After months of cold, dreary weather, the world around us seems to be coming back to life. With all the changes happening outdoors, it’s easy to feel inspired to transform our interiors as well. Springing forward into a new look in your home can be just as satisfying as re-setting your clocks (even if it means losing an hour of sleep)!
We’ve had the opportunity, over the winter months, to help several clients craft refreshing new looks in their homes just in time for Spring. From bed & bathrooms to living & family rooms, the clock hasn’t stopped ticking. We’ve been so busy, it’s been a challenge to find time to share some of these transformations.
While every project & budget has been unique, the common, end results have been satisfied, happy clients and beautifully updated spaces. So let’s take a look at just a few of the transformations we’ve helped create over the last few months:
- We helped a Round Lake Beach couple update and transform their Family Room with new, scale-appropriate furniture, window treatments, an area rug, lighting and accessories. Adding those finishing touches which are often overlooked gives a room personality. It’s hard to believe it’s the same space >
- Next, this Algonquin homeowner was ready for new-to-her look in the Family Room of her two story home. We repurposed and repositioned her sectional but added a new kitchen table & chairs as well as counter stools, updated light fixtures, better window treatments, an area rug, lamps and more. Good design is all about layering. Attention to detail helped update this space and create a more finished, cohesive look she loves >
- Sometimes a space simply needs to change to suit the style and personality of new owners. This duplex home in the Village of Barrington didn’t need much in the way of updating. A little paint and stain along with some new tile set the stage. Starting from scratch, our newlywed clients needed everything. Working with our clients we figured out what their style would be. From furnishings to the smallest details, we added it all! Now, this beautiful Living Room is completely furnished and a wonderful place for this new family to call home >
- The Owner’s Suite in the same Villages home also need to be updated to fit its newlywed owners. With a few simple changes, new furniture and stylings, this honeymoon suite is now honeymoon ‘sweet’! >
- Just like their owners, living spaces for seniors don’t need to be tired and dated. They do, however, need to function well for those who may have mobility or other issues at that stage of life. We helped a wonderful, senior couple in Algonquin source new furniture and turn their Family Room into a space which not only functions well for them but also showcases their beautiful collection of custom artwork >
- Moving into a house and making it your “home” takes time. If you can wait, it’s always helpful to settle in and see how you use the space before making major decisions or changes. These pictures are from a lovely, golf course home we’ve been working on in Crystal Lake. Our first priority in the Family Room was making better use of the square footage while creating a more cozy & intimate space. Angling the SAME furniture, we were able to do just that! We only needed to add a couple lamps, greenery, accessories and artwork to finish the look. The space now feels like HOME for its happy owners >
- Change is inevitable. As much as we may like to think so, our homes are never done. Instead, they’re always evolving to keep up with the latest trends or how we use them. We recently had the opportunity to help a client in Palatine create a brand new, first-floor Bedroom & Bath out of a space which had served as her formal dining room. Working alongside her architect & contractor, we helped this homeowner visualize her brand new space, feel comfortable with the fixtures and finishes and decide on furnishings. The stunning, new rooms speak for themselves >
- Updating Kitchens and Baths doesn’t have to cost a fortune! With a few judicious, cost-effective changes, you can totally transform these spaces for a fraction of the cost of brand new. We recently help a wonderful friend in Elgin do just that in her Powder Room and Owner’s bath. These Before & After photos of the Primary Bath prove just what a difference you can make with a little ingenuity, some fresh paint, new tile, countertops, lighting and hardware. Say ‘Goodbye’ to the 1980s and say ‘Hello’ to 2020s and without breaking the bank >
- As much as we love to repurpose and restyle with our clients existing furnishings, sometimes we just need new in order to get you where you want to go. These Crystal Lake clients had started down the path of updating but needed help crossing the proverbial finish line. Building off their start, we helped them select new, custom furniture for the Family Room. And after months of waiting (thank you supply chain issues), we were able to put the finishing touches on their space. With some creativity and planning, we were even able to reuse quite a bit of their stuff which saved money but didn’t affect our beautiful, finished look >
Just like the change of seasons, change in your decor is inevitable. No matter how big or small the changes may be, updating your decor a little at a time is much easier & more budget-friendly than trying to do it all at once. So here’s to Spring and to springing forward to a new look in your own home.
As always, the professionals at Decor Designs stand ready to lend a hand. Give us a call anytime and Happy Decorating!